Saturday, June 20, 2009

Georgia - Social Circle

Yowza! Social Circle was disappointing. And I wholeheartedly feel like it should NOT have been. I mean, c'mon, with a name like "Social Circle," don't you just have higher expectations?

My sister asked me why in the world I was going there and now I understand why she was questioning this week's pick for an adventure outing. Here's a picture of the town center.



I think I was there all of 3 minutes. I would have stayed longer to look around, but nothing was open. Nothing.

There are two lifestyles I've always romanticized over: small Southern towns with wide porches and brownstones in Brooklyn. I blame the editors of "Southern Living" for raising my hopes about small towns and I blame the creators of "The Cosby Show" for the Brooklyn brownstones. (Although now that I've seen both in real life, I'd pick the brownstone to live in, hands down).

There is just not a lot going on in small towns. That is why the local Wal-Mart is so gosh darn popular. Which is, I'm sad to say, where I ended up. Can you believe it? Now, I've never been a big fan of Wal-Mart because the ones I've been in have always been gross and dirty. But, after driving for so long, I needed a restroom and the gas station I filled up at was not even close to an option. So I went to Wal-Mart to use the facilities. It was pretty nice! They had everything under this roof, so it was no wonder it was full of country folks filling up for the week.

Overall, it was a sad little adventure indeed, but at least now I can say that my curiosity about Social Circle has been satisfied!

0 comments: